Tubular heat exchangers - our specialisation
We offer four different techniques for the production of ESL (extended shelf-life) milk; the one we employ depends on the specific requirements of the customer:
Here at ELIQUO PROTEC we offer two different UHT systems designed for the aseptic processing of liquid to highly viscous products:
- An indirect UHT processing system with tubular heat exchanger
- A direct UHT processing system employing steam injection or infusion
Using these techniques, it is possible to aseptically process liquids to highly viscous products in a UHT system. This means that one system provides the flexibility of processing a complete range of liquids, from UHT milk to highly viscous products.
The product quality, product safety and cost-effectiveness are the criteria that determine which of these systems is most appropriate in a given situation:
Consistently high product quality can be achieved by means of the selection of the appropriately product-orientated UHT system. The determining factors for the system design are the technological aspects relevant to the product, such as temperature, heat maintenance time and homogenisation technique.
We develop and construct all our UHT systems in accordance with the requirements of the EHEDG guidelines. Use of suitable parameter settings (for temperature and time) and the sterilisation of the UHT system prior to operation will ensure sterile bacteriological environment.
UHT systems are cost-effective in operation due to the high level of heat recovery, the low level of product loss, their low energy requirements, their long operating times and minimal cleaning and maintenance needs. We are continuously enhancing the cost-effectiveness of our systems and ensure that they are as environmentally-friendly as possible.
Our range of thermal processing and systems expertise
Indirect thermal tubular heat exchanger systems for
- Ultra high temperature processing
- Pre-thermal treatment
Direct thermal processing systems
- Using steam infusion
- Using steam injection
- flexible output: 7000 - 10,000 l/h
- combined direct/indirect thermal processing system
- up to 88% heat recovery
- operating time > 12 h
- direct thermal processing by means of steam injection for the production of ESL milk
- indirect thermal processing for the production of mixed beverages, such as chocolate, vanilla and strawberry-flavoured milk drinks and also for the production of fruit juices
- tubular heating element; adjustable 0 - 30 min
- the production of condensed milk is possible thanks to the specific component combination
- valve operation system providing for minimal product loss on start-up and shut-down
- a coupling panel allows operation of the homogeniser in septic and aseptic status
Syndicat Intercommunal, Step Bettembourg
Sep. 2007 I. BA/ June 2009
EUR 36.5 million